Sunday, April 29, 2012

Nieces and Writer's Block

    First I would just like to say that my sweet niece Inga is spending the night tonight, and it's just her, me, and mom and dad (her grandparents). She's very adorable, and her and mom are coloring together now as the brownies that they started cooking finish up. After they had mixed up the batter she sat there and licked the spoon while making "Mmm"ing noises for a good five minutes, then she said "I never tasted brownies before!" I don't know if that's true, but if it is... Well, she's in for a treat. 
   She also asked me to let her play an easy flash game that I was playing, and she was nearly as good at is as I am. People, this is one very smart 4-year-old. She's so excited about spending the night all on her own that she keeps giggling about silly stuff, and it's super adorable. I love all my nieces and nephews, every little bit of them. Okay, not the bit where I have to change stinky diapers, but all the other bits. :D
   In book news, I've been working on my new story, which I don't have a title for and have been simply calling What Gruman, and it hasn't gone so well. Writer's block is a terrible, terrible thing, folks. I have been writing more of the story in the notebook as I move it from notebook to computer. I still haven't got it all moved over, since so far I have been writing faster than I move it. Which is good, I suppose. 
   But I'll have a few days to relax and work on my writing, since I don't work again until Saturday. Not so next week; I work five out of seven days, which is unusual because I usually work two days, but also good, because while I love writing it's not exactly profitable. I think that I've made a total of two dollars and forty cents from writing, but that's not what I care about. I just want people to read my book! I want to make them happy!  
   In any case, I have finished my picture of What Gruman and the Asses, and I think that it turned out pretty good. I was super excited to get it up to show you all, but just my luck that my dad's scanner wasn't responding right, and the scan button on my mom's printer is jammed. I will still be doing everything in my power to get the picture to you, but in all likelihood I won't be able to get it up until at least Wednesday, when I am going to visit a friend with a printer/scanner. No promises, but I'll see what I can do! 
   Also, I'm thinking that a good way to unblock my creative glands is to focus on writing something else for a while; in this case a short story. I'd love ideas, if you have any! You know my email address, don't be shy about using it.
   In an update; the goodreads book giveaway is up to 146 request entries, which is fantastic. I know that it's not as much as some books get, but that's all right, because my book isn't as good as some, either. As long as people keep wanting to read it I'll be one very satisfied author.
   Well, the brownies that Inga and mom made are beckoning with chocolaty, delicious fingers, and I have business to attend to (that's code for I'm going to do some gaming and maybe some writing). I am off, my dear friends and readers. Thanks for reading, and have a terrific day. As a thank you, I will post below cute pictures of baby sloths. Love always,
                                                          -Eva Gould, Author




No comments:

Post a Comment