Friday, April 27, 2012

Early Morning!

   Good early morning to you! 
   As you can tell, I'm awake late again. I am tired, due to babysitting and working, but I'm going to bed as soon as I finish my update here!
   Due to being busy today I haven't gotten any work on my book done as of right now. That's right, no moving the story from messy notebook to equally messy computer, no self-promotion, none of that! Instead I had the longest four and a half hours of my life. I would just like to say, people, that I love my job very much. There are wonderful things about working at a clothing store. However, there are also some not-so-wonderful things. 
   Here, from the tired, grouchy, sales associate side of me is a list of things that really annoys us in the clothing industry.
   1.) Hanging stuff back out on the floor after you try it on. I know you think that you're doing the world a favor, but the truth is that often we will have to just go out, hunt it down, and rehang it. We are trained to do this.
   2.) Trying on a million things and only buying one. All right, maybe you meant to buy a lot of stuff, but if you're just planning on buying one shirt, do you really need to try on twenty different things? Really. If you're going to buy a shirt... Just buy one, all ready!
   3.) Buying a whole bunch of crap and then returning it. This isn't so bad if you hadn't tried the clothes on before you bought them; sometimes you just don't have time. However, if you all ready tried them on, just stick with them. Seriously. Maybe they'll grow on you.
   4.) Doing things like leaving used tissues in the changing rooms. Okay, I thought this would have been a no brainer, but apparently not.
   5.) Lingering after closing time. I understand that you want to shop, and as long as you're hurrying to get it done, that's fine with me. However, there's a difference between actually "shopping", and just "looking".  Don't be a looker. Everyone at the store just wants to close up and go home, and it'll still be there if you want to look in the morning.
   All right, that's it for tired, irritated Eva whose feet are hurting after work. Now back to Author Eva.
   So, my dear wonderful cousin Seth has decided to help me build a website, which is pretty darn awesome! For what I can tell, I only have to buy a website from godaddy.com for now. I can manage that.
  One last note; I am so excited to say that my goodreads giveaway hit just over a hundred requests today, and five more people have added The Scarlet Sash to their to-read list. Thank you people!  
 Thank you to everyone who supports me in my writing, in my grouchy saleswomaning, and in my personal life. You guys are wonderful and I love you all. Good night.
                                                    -Eva Gould, Author 
P.S. I had a thought today; what if clothing stores handed out little activity pamphlets and crayons to little kids and bored husbands? Also, we should have a couple recliners just for those tired men of ours. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment