Friday, May 4, 2012

Books and Ideas

   Hello, hello!
   A new day, a new post, and this is today's post. 
   So, I've thinking of some things to make my blog a little bit more interesting, and I thought that doing an interview with a fantasy writer would be great publicity for both them, me, and their book. What do you think? 
   In any case, I posted something on goodreads, and we'll see if I get a bite. I know a lot of authors are very eager to have interviews, which is great. 
   Meanwhile, since I don't have anyone to interview at the moment, I thought I should do one with myself. What say you? Well, that's nice, but it's too late, so here it is anyway! Blue will be questions, red will be answers.


ME: Eva, tell us a little bit about yourself.
ALSO ME: Well, I was born in Missouri, moved to Minnesota when I was two, and was home schooled until ninth grade. 


ME: Was that difficult?
ALSO ME: I don't know, I don't really remember a whole lot about it, because I didn't develop my super brains until later.


ME: Super brains? You mean that you're really smart?
ALSO ME: Well, yes, I suppose you could say that. What I mean, though, is that when I was about ten I was on a field trip to a toxic waste disposal plant and I slipped and fell into a conveniently placed vat of the stuff. It was very nasty; I seem to remember there being a lot of old people's diapers and hypodermic needles. 


ME: Oh my, that must have been terribly alarming!
ALSO ME: Well, not for me so much as for my poor parents who took me to see the plant. They hadn't anticipated anything like that happening, I think it was a terrible shock for them. I was fine though, I didn't have any physical injuries, so they just took me home and showered me off, good as new. What they didn't know was that the toxic waste actually did have an effect, just not one visible to the naked eye.


ME: And then came the super brains?
ALSO ME: Well, yes. They didn't realize anything up until I had quoted nine of William Shakespeare's plays word for word all the way through. Of course, they were alarmed but also delighted. 


ME: Did the toxic waste have any later effects on you? An extra arm growing out of your head, nothing like that?
ALSO ME: No, not at all! Although I did learn quite quickly that I now glow in the dark. That's nice for a couple of reasons; firstly, we never had to spend a lot of money on night lights, and secondly, I could read in bed whenever I liked. It does make trying to sneak up on people in the dark to scare them a bit difficult, though. 


ME: So, how does this fit in with you being a writer? Does it effect you at all?
ALSO ME: Absolutely! See, all that knowledge, all the smarts, and all the awesomeness just built up in my brain until one day they overflowed onto paper and now they are my book, The Scarlet Sash! 


ME: That's terrific! Well, that's all that we have time for. It's been a pleasure working with you, and I hope that we'll talk to you on the show again.
ALSO ME: You as well, thank you for having me.


    There is my interview with the beautiful and dynamic (and possibly radioactive) Eva Gould. It was an absolute honor to meet her, she's a wonderful person, and I hope that you've enjoyed reading this interview as much as I have doing it. Her new book The Scarlet Sash came out just last month.
   Now, that really is all that I have time for tonight, so to you I have only to say; good night, sleep tight, and dream of reading. All my love,
                                    -Eva Gould, Author

No comments:

Post a Comment