Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Followers and Difficult Book Names

   Before I do anything else, I want to say thank you to my very first follower- you know who you are! :) Thanks, sis, I appreciate it, and I hope I won't bore you out of your mind!
   Now, I realize that I've given you all some information; for example, that I am a writer is evident by the title of my blog and is inherent in many of my posts. I am currently working on a story, which has no name yet (and I can't imagine a name for, actually.) What do you call a book about a half-goblin princess going on a quest to find something that she doesn't know she's looking for, with four donkeys, in order to marry her prince? There is a whole lot more included; for example, the Grape Vine, which is a magical vine which relays gossip to the asker; Jack Mann, the nice but not-as-interesting-as-her-prince man who owns the Grape Vine and a giant vegetable farm. Little do people know that when his grandfather traded the cow for those magic beans he got other seeds as well, but he never used them. So Jack broke away from his family of Jacks (the giant slayer, be-nimble, fell down the hill, and and-the-beanstalk) and his own bright future as a Jack-of-all-trades to just be a Man. Jack Mann, to be precise. There will also be a toad-like king in the marshes that they travel through on the quest (who will have some horribly unpronounceable name like Ono'oshanagog Gharradhafa) and he will have a tribe of little toad men. So, tell me, dear reader, what do you call that? Really.
   In any case I hope it will end up as a most amusing book.
   Did you know that The Scarlet Sash wasn't meant to be a book? No, not at all. I started it with the full intention of finishing a short story at 20 pages tops, because I had never written more than that, and 300 pages later I had myself a surprise. Now I couldn't be prouder as the amount of people on goodreads who have added it to their to-read list hit twenty today! And maybe they won't ever actually read it... But it's still an amazing feeling.
   Well, ladies and gentlemen, I don't have much else to say. So in thanks for listening to my inane (don't you love that word) ramblings, I'm going to post a list of names for the new book below, and you can pick which one you like. Feel free to let me know which one is your favorite. Also, next time I'll post a new sneak peak in which you'll get to meet Jack Mann and his Grape Vine.


   Names for odd book:


1.) What Gruman
2.) Princess on a Mission
3.) Being an Odd History of a Green Princess and her Equally Odd Companions
4.) The Princess, Four Mules, and a Man Named Jack (I like this one, rolls off the tongue.)
5.) The Princess Who Could
6.) The Good, The Bad, and Princess What 
7.) I have absolutely no idea. 

   Honestly, can you think of anything? Because while I might not be a horrible writer, I am terrible at making up names for what I write (See above for example.)
   In any case, if you have ideas don't be afraid to let me know. Thank you all for reading, and I love the lot of you. Stay wonderful, and keep on reading. Love always,
                                                                        -Eva Gould, Author


   

No comments:

Post a Comment