Sunday, May 13, 2012

For My Mother

   Today is mother's day. The day that we celebrate all of the sacrifices our mothers make for us, all the unconditional love that they've given us, and yes- even the times when they've sent us to our rooms to cool off for a bit.
   Now, this isn't going to suddenly become one of those blogs about family life, but of course I will talk about them, because I love them all and they're a part of my life. My four sisters and a brother- all older, all supportive and loving. My cousins, who I grew up close to, and I couldn't ask for better friends. My parents, my dad who I didn't see much of as a little girl, but who I love despite our differences. And my mother, who I love so incredibly much.
   I couldn't ask for a better mother.
   Thank you for making this house a home. Thank you for being here making delicious food for us all year around. Thank you for muddling through all the times that I was sick and moaned and groaned about silly stuff. Thank you for all the times you bandaged my boo-boos, all the times that you gave me hugs and kisses... And for all the love and care that you've given me, and all of us. 
   You were never afraid to do what needed done. You're strong and wise and caring, and my aspiration in life is to one day be as great of a woman as you've been.
  Mom, to me you'll always mean home, because I know that wherever you are there will be love and comfort, and good advice- even if I don't actually follow it. I love you very much.
   Here's to mothers.








                         -Eva Gould, Daughter.

2 comments: