Friday, May 4, 2012

Early Morning Writing

   Good morning, good morning, good morning! 
   I know that it's been a couple of days since my last post, and I apologize, but the truth is that there hasn't really been anything to write about. So, I thought, better to not write than to write about nothing. 
   In any case, here I am, dutifully writing my post at 7:57 AM, a time when I am usually not consciousness. The reason for this is that I have terrible sleeping habits, not going to bed until I am nearly comatose with exhaustion (at about 5:00 in the morning, in other words), and not waking until nature deems I am ready to face the day (usually about 3:00 PM).
   So it's a little bit surprising for me to be awake and doing anything at all, but the truth is, I have been writing. Exciting news; I am now forty-one pages into my second book, and I know how the next bit is going to go. Of course, I can't tell you, because if I keep giving you sneak peeks you are going to have read the entire book before it comes out. And that would just be boring.
   In any case, this is a big marker. Forty pages... that's a third of the way done, if you're not picky about length, and I'm not. I'm just going to keep on writing until this story unwinds- but precisely how I mean it to, of course. Oh it may have twists at the ending- the Scarlet Sash, for example, had a few surprises. I know I was very surprised when I was writing it, but overall it ended pleasingly. 
   By the way, if you have ideas for the second book in the Scarlet Sash series, I would love to hear them!
   In any case, things are going well publicity wise! 24 people have added me to their to-read lists, and there are about 175 people now entered to win my book on the goodreads giveaway.
   I've got to say, I love this weather. Oh, weather is a huge part of writing! Who wants to write when it's sad and rainy outside? No, if you do that your story will come out sad and rainy, and that's just not the right way to do it. But if you write on a warm, bright day the chances are that your writing are going to be... warm and bright. 
   Writing is all about the mood that you're in when you do it. If you're writing an angry poem when you're angry and hurt it's going to come out exactly how you feel, but if you do half now and then half when you're happy the results will not be good. So what's the lesson? Try to capture one mood and have it be your reading mood. For me that mood is the slumped-over stupor of sleep deprivation, but it seems to be working, so really... Who's complaining?
   In any case, that's all the news that I have for now. I am going to go and get a little reading done before I head over to my sister's house to babysit and then to play scrabble. People, if you know my sister, don't play scrabble with her. She's horribly good at it. 
   If you have any comments or questions, please let me know and I will be happy to have heard them and replied to them. Bless you all, and keep on reading. Love,
                                                                                    -Eva Gould, Author
P.S. I think because today was such a boring post that I should add something for your amusement. So here you go.




   Take care and smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment